Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chris Brown on Hip Hop Album: "I Have to Progress as an Emcee"


Chris Brown spoke to Power 98 on the potential of him recording a complete hip-hop album in the future with him only rapping the entire time.  While Chris has demonstrated his rapping abilities over the years on various songs, he doesn't think the world is quite ready for him to be viewed as an actual rapper just yet.  Instead, he likes having his options open to take on different genres of music without ridicule.  If he tries to go hard with rapping he feels as though he'd put himself in a creative box in the eyes of fans and haters.
"For me, I think I would have to progress more as an emcee first.  It's just me having fun and showcasing who I am. So an album, I would really have to be taken a hundred percent serious as a rapper. I like Rap. I love it. Music is my passion. Even on my album now, there's a couple songs that I rap on. But as far as a whole album, I don't know if the world is ready for Chris Brown, the rapper.
"Music is for everyone.  When you put genres on music, you segregate it... I want to always be able to do any kind of music I want. When I get older I might want to do a Country album. Next year, I might want to do an all Hip Hop album or Alternative album. Just making sure that anything that goes down, showing my audience or showing people that have a creative mind that you can do anything you want, it's just about believing and loving what you're doing in a positive way."

No comments:

Post a Comment